Tekapo is a transitional living alternative for people seeking independent accommodation and can provide support for up to 12 months.
How Tekapo can help you
Tekapo can support you to gain independent living in your community. It provides one-on-one support which aims to help you to develop your capacity to do everyday things for yourself, including:
- shopping independently;
- catching public transport;
- managing a budget;
- connecting to other mental health or community services; and
- accessing employment or further study.
To be eligible for this program you need to:
- have a diagnosed mental illness;
- be over 18 years of age;
- reside within the program’s geographical boundaries in the Gold Coast region;
- provide documentary evidence of registration with Department of Housing; and
- qualify for a lease through Horizon Housing Company.
Additional eligibility requirements may apply. Individuals engaged in this program are required to sign a lease and bond agreement with Gold Coast Horizon Housing. An agreement and levies system with MIFQ also applies. Please contact us for more information about these costs.
To express an interest in accessing this program please call our Gold Coast Office on (07) 5563 8855.