These small, time limited groups focus on the goals of rehabilitation and recovery and understand that there is hope after a diagnosis of mental illness.
Our six-week Therapeutic groups focus on building strengths and achieving the best possible quality of life.
Together we draw on contemporary therapies to explore helpful strategies for enhancing psychological and emotional wellbeing.
Who can attend?
Adults aged 18-65 with a mental illness
Where are groups held?
In community centres across Adelaide.
How many in a group?
6-8 participants and 2 facilitators.
How long does the group run?
About two hours a week for 6 weeks.
How much does it cost?
A gold coin donation appreciated.
What Groups do we have coming up?
- Share ideas with others who have similar experiences
- Better understand anxiety and stress
- Learn strategies for dealing with excessive worry and rumination
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the links between thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Learn ways to unhook from negative, unhelpful thinking patterns
- Practice relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- Explore ways to increase happiness and resilience
- Get in touch with what really matters in life
For a Flyer Please click here
Peer to Peer Discovery
In our Peer to Peer Discovery Sessions, people with lived experience of various mental health challenges will present wonderful stories of recovery and discovery.
Each session will focus on a particular psychiatric struggle, followed by the opportunity for people who share that condition to talk together about their own experiences, including challenges and personal approaches to wellness.
for a flyer please click here.
For more information click here for a brochure and here for a poster.
To make a booking or an enquiry, please contact the MIFSA Therapeutic Groups Program team:
T (08) 8378 4100
F (08) 8378 4199
F (08) 8378 4199