There are lots of opportunities to volunteer at MIFSA and we really appreciate the work our volunteers do to support our programs and services for people with mental illness and their carers and families.
Check this page for volunteer positions as they arise.
Where our volunteers make a difference
- The board of management
- Facilitating our regionally based support groups
- Staffing the three opportunity shops (Sunflower shops) that aim to supplement government funding and build greater financial independence
- Providing a food service, program activities, support, companionship and encouragement to people with mental illness and carers through the activity programs.
- Developing and producing information kits about mental illness
- Assembling newsletters for posting
- Other fundraising opportunities
- Maintaining and expanding the library and other resource facilities
How do I become a volunteer?
You need to fill out an application form. Contact us at:
PO Box 310
MARLESTON, SA 5033
Phone: 8378 4100
5 Cooke Terrace
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities which are currently available at MIFSA please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8378 4100.
If you are interested in volunteering as part of a student work experience placement, school community service program, corporate volunteer program or other volunteer referral program please contact us for information about availability of positions and placements.